All international travellers entering Malaysia will need to complete the Malaysia Digital Arrival Card (MDAC) starting from 1st January 2024.
The Immigration Department of Malaysia announced that the online form must be filled out before arrival, with exceptions granted to the following:
- All Singapore citizens
- Diplomatic passport holders
- Malaysian permanent residents & long-term pass holders
- Brunei General Certificate of Identity holders
- Brunei Malaysia Frequent Traveller Programme participants
- Thailand Border Pass holders
- Indonesian Cross-Border Pass holders
As detailed on the Immigration Department's MDAC website, the digital card must be completed within three days before the scheduled arrival in Malaysia. Travellers are required to furnish personal details, including their name, nationality, passport information, dates of arrival and departure, mode of transportation (air, land, or sea), and the last port of embarkation through the designated website.
Upon arrival, visitors are obligated to present both their passports and the completed MDAC to the on-duty Immigration officer.
Registration and submission for the MDAC can be done on the Immigration Department's website: https://imigresen-online.imi.gov.my/mdac/main.