- Meet at hotel lobby. Depart to Tambunan, a district that is known for its largest Dusun population. The journey ushers you through the Crocker Range, a parade of lush scenery and spectacular vistas of the country-side.
- A visit to the Kipandi Butterfly Park for the ultimate chance to see these rare beauties flutter before your eyes, like the Rajah Brooks and the Golden Birdwings. Also pay a visit to The Insect Museum and The Native Plants Collection Park to see some of the endangered Orchids and Pitcher Plants of Sabah.
- Spot the notorious Rafflesia in its gargantuan bloom, at the Tambunan Rafflesia Information Centre.
- For all your informational needs, a ranger will be at your side to fill you in on all the interesting facts and details of the terrain and location of the Rafflesia. This includes a jungle-trek along the forest trail to spot the Rafflesia. Some trails may consider a fair amount of walking as the plot section isn’t predictable.
- With sporadic blooming periods and unpredictable flowering patterns, it’s best if you give STB (Sabah Tourism Board) a call for information and to avoid any disappointment. Continue journey to the Rafflesia Information Centre, where you will meet the ranger that will guide through the jungle trails in search of the celebrated Rafflesia in its gargantuan bloom
- Lunch in the great outdoors.
- It doesn’t stop there, a Waterfall by the name of Mahua awaits in Tambunan, which is 55 minutes away from the Rafflesia Centre. The refreshing Waterfall will feel very well-deserving after a 500m trek, plus, you wouldn’t want to miss the magnificent view.
- After a great day of exploration, depart back for Kota Kinabalu to your respective hotel.
Note: Kipandi Butterfly Farm is currently closed.