Day 1 - Sandakan Airport or Hotel / Sepilok Orang Utan Rehabilitation Centre / Labuk Bay Proboscis Monkey Sanctuary / Borneon Sun Bear Conservation Center / Sandakan City Tour / Sandakan Airport or Hotel
- Welcome to the gateway of wild wonders; Sandakan!
- Meet and pick up at your hotel lobby or Sandakan airport.
- Embark on a journey to the famous Sepilok Orang Utan Rehabilitation Centre situated in the Kabili-Sepilok Forest Reserve.
- Upon arrival, your guide will provide a short briefing session before entering the Centre.
- You will then be brought to watch a short video documentary providing you with information on the rehabilitation of an orphaned Orang Utan.
- Enjoy and explore as you get to encounter Bornean-endemic Orang Utans up close as they frolic in their natural habitat.
- You will proceed to a boardwalk through the lowland rainforest where you can witness the Orang Utan feeding from a feeding platform.
- After enjoying some time with the Orang Utans, you will be brought over to the Labuk Bay Proboscis Monkey Sanctuary and witness the Bornean endemic Proboscis Monkeys in their natural habitat.
- Witness the Proboscis Monkey feeding time from the Feeding Platform B.
- You will proceed to the Bornean Sun Bear Conversation Centre to see the smallest bear species in the world.
- After spending some time with wildlife, it’s time to head out to an urban setting for a City Tour!
- After lunch, proceed for Sandakan City Tour. Visit various landmarks and historical points in Sandakan, once known as the "Little Hong Kong." The landmarks include:
- Puh Jih Syh Buddhist Temple which offers a panoramic view of Sandakan Bay situated on the hilltop Tanah Merah,
- Sandakan Central Market, the most amazing variety of fresh seafood and agricultural products.
- The Sim-Sim Water Village where houses are all built on stilts close to the water surface while observing the fascinating view of the sea.
- After a full day out, it’s time to head back. You will be dropped at your respective hotels or Sandakan airport. Tour ends at 1600hrs.