Day 1 - Monsopiad's Head Hunters Tour
- Get started bright and early for an enriching cultural experience, your pick up will be at the hotel lobby. A 20 minute journey will take you to the heartland of the Kadazan tribe set amidst serene hills, a cultural village dedicated solely, and named after the great Kadazan Warrior, Monsopiad, as well as the life of the Kadazan tribes in their natural environment.
- After registration at the reception counter, meet the local guides that will usher you the restaurant for a welcome drink.
- Set as a series of cultural houses, visit Monsopiad’s house in all of its well-preserved ancient dwelling. A legendary collection of 42 skulls hang high as trophies, as proof of Monsopiads greatness in defending his village.
- After an up-close encounter with Monsopiad’s ‘trophies’, learn about the interesting account of past religion. Behold the sacred stone weighing over 2 tons and standing 4 meters tall, Gintutun do Mohoing. This massive monolith planted by Monsopiad some three hundred years ago holds a dozen legends and was an important element during grand rituals after a head has been hunted.
- Test out your hunting competence on the blowpipe, try the highly skilled coordinated bamboo dancing, even handle live grubs and sample some good rice wine along the way.Your Monsopiad Cultural experience will end with a traditional lunch.
- Travel back into the present as you further explore the Penampang area to witness the changes it has overcome, and the richness of culture it has since preserved. Snap back into present times, back to the city and into the comfort of your hotel room.