Day 1 - Kudat - Northern Tip of Borneo
- 0730hrs: Meet & Pick up at hotel lobby and transfer to Kudat for an easy breezy day at the beach!
- 3 hours from the city marks Kudat, where the South China Sea and Sulu Sea converge. This little slice of paradise, bafflingly beautiful with the harmony of sunny skies, blue seas, palm tree was then then first capital of British North Borneo Chartered Company then. The journey will bring you through scenic countryside, paddy fields, villages, palm oil plantations; local stalls selling handicrafts and food items. Along the way, make a brief pit stop at some peanut stalls to get some munchies.
- 1130hrs: Be greeted by the breeze at the Northern Tip of Borneo, also known as Tanjung Simpang Mengayau which means ‘lingering junction’ as it is here that the South China Sea lingers and meets the Sulu seas flowing from the East.
- Take a stroll on the lavish expanse of white sand that comes complimentary with a breath-taking view of dramatic rocky outcrops. The northern most tip of Borneo is graced with wide publicity through popular mass media from the 2003 book entitled KUDAT.
- Thereafter, proceed to the Bavanggazo Village for a longhouse visit. Built entirely using local materials, it is home to the Rungus people community, a sub-tribe of the indigenous Kadazandusun. Observe their very own unique bead works, lifestyle and costumes. Lunch will be served Rungus style.
- (Traditional Native Lunch)
- 1400hrs: Depart for “Gong” making village, well known for local artisans and their exceptional skills of craftsmanship for a musical instrument rich with history and meaning.
- Moving forward to the sweet sticky business of bees at the Borneo HoneyBee Centre. Get a feel of what actually goes down at the honey farm and ofcourse, a taste of raw honey straight from the comb!
- 1500hrs: Head back to Kota Kinabalu and bid farewell to the sunny splendors of Kudat.