Day 1 - Kota Kinabalu City Day Tour & Filipino Market Shopping
- Our guides will greet you at your hotel lobby upon pick up, and on you go for a day in the sunny state capital. First up, some architectural splendor! The Sabah City Mosque, also known as Sabah Floating Mosque. Get those shutters snapping as it is the largest dome of its type in Malaysia.
- Next stop, the Goddess of mercy and compassion, “Kuan Yin”, stands tall at The Puh Toh Tze Buddhist temple, located off Tuaran Road. Built in 1980, the temple stands out with its traditional Chinese roofing and structure. Ten large statues of deities adorn the temple with the Goddess of Mercy, Kuan Yin, standing tall at the main entrance of the temple.
- Up next, behold the tallest architectural marvel in Kota Kinabalu, The Yayasan Tower standing 122 meters high, also officially known as Menara Tun Mustapha (Sabah Foundation Building). Built in 1977, this 30-storey circular glass sculpture boasts a unique edifice utilizes a single column structure that is one of the very few in the world.
- Immerse yourself in some culture at the Sabah Museum. Dive deep into the history that shaped Sabah into what it is today. A heritage Village on the museum grounds grants u passage into the different types of traditional houses of various indigenous groups that brings color and richness to Sabah.
- Along the way, a quick pass-by through Kampung Likas and the Likas Wetland, which is a natural bird sanctuary. Winding roads will usher you to Signal Hill where you be greeted with a beautiful birds eye view of the city skyline and nearby islands before arriving at the buzzing Filipino market! Get your knick knacks and travel souvenirs here, also some fishy favorites such as dried seafoods.