Day 1 - Klias Wildlife Safari River Cruise - Proboscis Monkey & Firefly
- You will be picked up from the hotel lobby.
- Commence journey to Kota Klias Peninsula (approximately 112km from Kota Kinabalu city), situated between Beaufort and Kuala Penyu. It will be a scenic 2 hours ride, passing local villages, fruit stalls, and small towns.
- Some local hi-tea favourites awaits upon arrival at the jetty, before you get those binoculars on stand-by and ready for your safari river cruise.
- Mosey down the Klias river in an open boat. Your tour guide will be there to point out any exciting wildlife sightings and share interesting facts. Keep your eyes peeled for the elusive long-nosed proboscis monkey, long-tailed macaques, and birds such as Kingfishers, darters, and eagles. You will be able to differentiate the female and male proboscis monkeys by their behaviour.
- After the exciting river cruise, enjoy a sumptuous dinner by the river lodge, typically consisting of meats marinated in different styles, rice, potatoes, and vegetables.
- As darkness sets in, board the boat again to witness and be amazed by nature's Christmas lighting, the fireflies! Depending on weather conditions, you might even spot nocturnal animals like the flying fox and night bats.
- Depart to Kota Kinabalu and transfer to your respective hotel.