- After breakfast at your hotel, meet at hotel lobby and proceed for a scenic 1/2 hr drive to Tamparuli Town. Visit Historical Wooden Shop houses of olden days and walk across the “Jambatan Tamparuli”, a suspension bridge which is the famous landmark in that small town to get a feel of kampong lifestyle.
- Thereafter, proceed to Kinabalu Park. Journey will take approximately 1 1/2 hours passing by villages and paddy fields along mountainous roads that wind along the Crocker range. Along the way, make a brief stop at Nabalu. Nabalu is a place where the local natives gather to sell local produce, fruits, home grown vegetables and handicraft souvenirs.
- On arrival at Kinabalu Park, you will notice the change in air temperature. Enjoy the refreshing and cooling air as you proceed for a walk along the nature trails in the Botanical Garden. If the day is clear, you may even spot a majestic view of Mount Kinabalu, the highest mountain between the New Guinea and Himalaya. Kinabalu Park boasts an estimate of 4,500 species of plants which include 1,500 species of orchids, 77 of which are endemic to Kinabalu. The park also supports 289 species of birds and 290 different types of butterflies.
- After the walk, depart for lunch at a local restaurant.
- After lunch, depart for another interesting wonder, the Poring Hot Spring. At approximately 47 kilometers from Kinabalu Park, Poring Hot Spring got its name from the tall bamboo plant that is abundant in that area. At this natural hot spring, there are Japanese baths where visitors can soak themselves and let the invigorating sulfurous water stimulate the body. It is believed to have curative powers. Visitors can also try the Treetop Canopy Walk, where suspension bridge are suspended at the top of the tropical jungle. Experience the height of 41 metres above the ground and length of 157 metres. A 20 minutes hike is needed to reach the Canopy Walkway.
(10 December 2019: Due to construction works ongoing on the main highway to Poring Hot spring, an alternative route will be used which may take additional 40 minutes drive per way.)
- After a relaxing soak, bid Kinabalu park goodbye as you return back to your respective hotel.
Breakfast / Lunch
Your Choice of Hotel