- You will be picked up from your hotel in Kota Kinabalu and embark on a 2-hour drive northeast to reach Rampayan jetty. Here, a safety briefing will be conducted, and you will take a speedboat ride to Mantanani island. On the way, enjoy a river tour and look out for wildlife in the mangrove lining the riverbank. Then, you will enter the ocean and head towards the island. The boat ride will take approximately 45 minutes to an hour depending on sea conditions.
- Upon arrival at Mantanani island, you’ll be greeted by a long stretch of soft sandy white beach. You’ll register at Nido Lodge and prepare for departure out for snorkeling. There will be either one or two snorkeling points, depending on weather conditions.
- After the snorkeling sessions, proceed to lunch and then check in to your room. There are beach swings, gazebos, glass kayaks and hammocks at the lodge for customers leisure usage.
- In the evening, if you are interested to join a guided sunset walk, gather at Nido Lodge café at 17:30 Hrs. You may purchase fresh seafood from the local villages. At the lodge, cooking service for a seafood dinner is provided.
- At 21:30 Hrs, join the guided night walk to discover the magical “Blue Tears”, a stunning sight of glowing ocean waters. Be amazed with this natural phenomenon which turns seawaters into an electric neon blue as it washes up on beach.
- Return to Nido Lodge after the night walk and relax. The café is open until 23:30 Hrs and you will be able to plan and book the next day’s activities, such as Discovery Scuba Diving or Leisure Diving.